Joline Saunders is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of the visitors to this website www.jojohypno.co.uk.
It explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) [pre GDPR enforcement] and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat and regard your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website which includes requesting further services and signing up to our newsletter via Mail Chimp. This includes your name and email address and contact number should you provide it.
- If you contact us by letter or email, records of the correspondence may be kept.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the fulfillment and administration of your orders. This includes your name, address, email address and payment method.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access and use.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data that we collect from you via any contact forms or orders placed through our site will either be sent securely to our email address which is Gmail, or will be stored on our website servers inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- First name and email address
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To respond to your communications with us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties except by your express consent or request, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the following rights:
- To be informed what information I hold (i.e. this document).
- To access the information I hold about you (free of charge for the initial request).
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To data portability
- The right to object
- The right to not be subjected to automated decision making including profiling
- To withdraw consent to me using your personal information.
- To request your personal information be erased (though I can decline whilst the information is needed for me to practice lawfully & competently).
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS & THIRD PARTIES
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking
When someone visits www.jojohypno.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
If you have any queries about how I process your data, please contact me on email@example.com
If you feel you would like to make a complaint about how your personal data is handled by Joline Saunders Hypnotherapy you can contact Joline Saunders Hypnotherapy directly.
In the event that Joline Saunders Hypnotherapy cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003